We all like Egg McMuffins, even if it is homemade with our handpicked ingredients. A slice of thick cheddar cheese, a slice of meat, or something like bacon would go best. It is true that even when we know that the personal version is way more delicious than the ones we find in McDonald’s, we still run for it. This joint is famous for Egg McMuffins and ensures that the customer gets an equal piece of egg in every bite. But it becomes difficult when we want to try to make a perfectly round egg as we find at McDonald’s. But now we have come with a hack, and it is that if we add ice while making of steamed egg, it is no more challenging to do.
There are two different methods of getting eggs to make a circular beauty. These are – using a ring or cooking the egg in a mason jar lid and ring. If you want to achieve these perfect shapes, then let’s find out!
Cooking egg with a mason jar lid is the best way to make a round and perfect egg. You can make it fluffier and moist, the same you get it at your favorite joints.
For this method, you will require the following list of ingredients:
- One egg
- One English muffin (As per your preference)
- One cheese slice
- One ham or bacon slice (As per your preference)
- Hot the pan – Spray some cooking oil and place the ring. Don’t get worried about the mason rings getting heat up as these jars are made for canning and built to withstand high temperatures.
- Place the ring in the pan and pour the egg – Crack the eggs into a measuring cup that has an easy-pour lip. Once the egg is in the lid, you can poke the yolk out with the help of fork so that it doesn’t overflow.
- Cooking of eggs – Now, once the eggs are inside the rings, let them cook over medium heat. You can put an ice cube and cover the lid to speed up the process.
- Remove your egg from heat – Now remove your egg from heat onto a plate or cutting board and the slowly wedge it out of the lid.
- Assemble the sandwich – Now assemble the sandwich as per your style and preference according to the ingredients you have.
In the end, we can say that using a mason jar that has a lid was much easier to use. The mason jar ring provided more of the traditional fried egg flavor which we all crave. It is either way that this using an ice cube to steam a perfectly round egg made it fluffier and moist.
This is genuinely an eggcellent hack, isn’t it!