The very first cruise liner of Richard Branson is to sail in the new waters. It has already made a bold pitch to young travelers at the most awkward time for the entire industry. Richard Branson, the virgin founder of ‘The Scarlet Lady’ cruise ship, launched it on the 21st of February 2020.
The cruise has a modern setting with an adults-only rule that is attracting the vast population of young vacationers to have an ultimate experience at the cruise. The ship is anchored at the Port of Dover, England and will come into working in April. It will mainly cover the areas around the Caribbean Sea from its base point in Miami.
On the launch day of The Scarlet Lady, Branson stated that “it was exceptional to work with the world’s most sought designers, architects, and artists who worked extraordinarily to make the cruise in the way it is. He also said, that, the launch of The Scarlet lady is the mark of the long-held ambition. As I’ve dreamt of starting my very own cruise line ever since I was in my 20s and the moment has finally arrived.
About The Scarlet Lady
- It is the first planned ship out of the three ships from the Virgin Voyages,
- and the others are due to launch in 2021 and 2022.
- The cruise is stretched at a length of 278 meters and a width of 38 meters.
- It is comprised of 1,430 cabins that can carry more than 2,770 passengers and a team of 1,160 crew members.
- The weight of this beauty is around 60,000 tons.
- The accommodation of the ship offers retro-futurism vibes.
- A private terrace with extra-ordinary standing hot tub, along with a significant runway table for entertainment.
- It also has an open-air shower that offers the serene sea view.
Things to do on the cruise
Branson’s main motive to launch this cruise is to attract young blood. This cruise is dedicated to them who are willing to travel around with all the fun in life. There are quite interesting things to do on the cruise ship, and some of them are:
- Razzle Dazzle – Stripey drinking point
- Geonbae – A Korean eatery
- Squid Ink – A tattoo and body piercing studio
- Multi-mirror room with tons of white light
- Peek A Boo – Open air shower
- All the suite guests have access to Richard’s Rooftop, which is an exclusive chic lounge.
Features of Ship
- The cruise complies with 78 luxurious RockStar Suites including 15 Mega Suites that are further divided into Fab, Posh, Massive, and Gorgeous Suites.
- The maximum price per cabin is around $19,000, while the minimum price of each cabin for a three to four-day mini-tour is around $1,600.
- The guests at the Massive Suite can enjoy more as the suite has a music room that is stocked with guitars, an amp with an additional feature of a private lookout point at the very front of the ship.
The Scarlet Lady tour: a cruise like no other
Branson has banned the usage of even a single plastic on the ship; this way it is environment friendly. The cruise is going to launch with the facilities for young travelers. This voyage is of the topmost level because of the collective benefits of five decades of the other businesses of Branson. Thus, this cruise ship experience would be more exciting and thrilling than any other ship!